Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Well, I Did It...

I mailed my resignation letter last week. There is a part of me that is a bit sad and it feels like I am closing the door on the LDS part of my life, but I still have a lot of really good LDS friends that I will continue to interact with. I like who I am and for better or worse, being LDS has made me who I am, so it doesn't make sense to be angry and fight against something I have no control over. It just felt like it was time. It feels good to look forward to the future.

Anyway, I have been feeling a waning interest in LDS issues, so I just thought I'd make a post that is a table of contents for my thoughts/concerns with LDS doctrine. If I ever feel like I have something to say again, I may write on this blog again. But this is goodbye for now.

The issues below represent my thoughts on what I feel are the unsolvable problems in LDS theology, history, and morality.

Introduction

Historical Racial Teachings in LDS Doctrine

Polygamy and Honesty

Polygamy and Coercion

Other Moral Issues with Polygamy

Translation of the Book of Abraham

Science vs. Doctrine

God as a Moral Exemplar in LDS Theology

My Letter to LDS Church Leaders

What Would it Take to Get Me Back to Church?

No comments:

Post a Comment